Due to COVID-19 and the Provincial Emergency Declaration, the library is now open limited hours from Tuesday to Saturday. Additional measures have been taken inside the library to protect both you and our staff. Masks must be worn inside the library according to the Health Unit's Instructions. You can still access all of our great online resources using your library card. If you need to access your password or sign up for a temporary library card, please email our staff.
Part-time Library Clerk
Shifts: Weekday, evening and weekend shifts required
The Lanark Highlands Public Library is seeking an energetic, motivated and creative individual for the part-time position of Library Clerk.
- Deliver excellent service to customers of all ages at all library service points
- Assists patrons with reference, readers advisory and informational needs
- Assists patrons with basic technology questions related to computers, printing and devices
- Develop new skills and participate in professional development opportunities
- Understand and promote library resources, programs and services
- Processes interlibrary loan requests and returns
- Processes new library items, enters and receives orders in the library system, physically processes items, catalogues items
- Participates in development and delivery of library programs and services as assigned
- Participates in outreach and marketing activities as assigned
- Conducts other related duties as required
- Secondary school diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of 1 year related work experience ina customer service environment and/or administrative environment
- Experience with sorting and shelving library materials according to alphabetical, Dewey Decimal or other prescribed sequence and procedures
- Use tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- The successful applicant must supply a vulnerable sector check
Interested and qualified candidates should submit your cover letter and resume to Amanda Robinson at email@example.com.
The position will remain posted until filled.
Lanark Highlands Public Library is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.