Due to COVID-19 and the Provincial Emergency Declaration, the library is now open limited hours from Tuesday to Saturday. Additional measures have been taken inside the library to protect both you and our staff. Masks must be worn inside the library according to the Health Unit's Instructions. You can still access all of our great online resources using your library card. If you need to access your password or sign up for a temporary library card, please email our staff.
Summer Job Opportunity – Program Assistant/Reading Buddy
Shifts: Tuesday-Thursday between 9am-4pm, Fridays between 10am to 6pm ; only rare possibility of evening shift on Tuesdays (some flexibility depending on scheduling with children’s schedules)
Contract: 20 hours per week | Term: anytime between June 15-July1 until Aug 26 | Wage: $15.45/hour
Lanark Highlands Public Library is seeking an energetic, motivated and creative person to work as a Program Assistant/Reading Buddy in the summer of 2022.
- Provide one-on-one reading support for up to 15 students over the course of the summer
- Evaluate program participants at beginning and end of the summer
- Participates in outreach and marketing activities as assigned
- Deliver excellent service to customers of all ages at all library service points
- Understand and explain guidelines of Summer Reading Club to participants
- Give parents guidance to help them develop their child’s literacy skills
- Conducts other related duties as required
- 1-year related work experience in a customer service environment and/or programming environment
- Comfortable working with children of all ages
- Use tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- The successful applicant must supply a vulnerable sector check
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Amanda Robinson at email@example.com The job will remain open until it is filled.
Lanark Highlands Public Library is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.