Create It!: Creative Table
Drop in and visit our CreativeTable each Saturday morning between 10am and 12pm. Our creative table celebrates Process Art which is child-directed, choice-driven and celebrates the experience of discovery. In process art, the final product is always unique and the focus lies in the creation of the work, not the outcome. We leave out the supplies, your child provides the inspiration.
Benefits of Process art?
Process art is developmentally appropriate for young children because it meets them where they are as sensory explorers.
Through Process Art, children:
- will think creatively, independently and imaginatively
- will learn about the physical limitations and possibilities of materials
- are encouraged to use creative and critical thinking skills
- will gain confidence to realize their own ideas
- are motivated to ask questions and experiment
- will embrace experimentation and mistakes as part of the learning process