The Library will be once again hosting our annual TD Summer Reading program. Registration for this program begins on Tuesday June 22nd. You can register for our summer reading program online using the link below or by registering in person at the library.
Each child who registers will receive a kit that is available through our curbside pickup service while we are still closed and then in person once we open (hopefully at the beginning of July). Our TD Summer Reading kit contains an activity book, stickers and a web access code for the TD Summer Reading Club online content. This year we have included some additional fun activities that can help you earn more rewards (Book BINGO, 100 different places to read challenge, etc).
Last year 65 children enrolled in our program and read a total of 881 books. Let’s beat our record!
Stay tuned for our line up of summer activities for July and August!!
P.S. We have had a 4′ tall PLINKO board made just for this program. Each time you visit the library, bring your reading booklet, show our staff what you read and tell us about your favourite book. In return, you get ONE PLINKO chip. Read more than 10 books that week and you earn TWO PLINKO chips.
PLINKO prizes include:
- “Mystery” Slot: Things like free ice cream cones from Highlands Country Store, $5 gift certificates at Pretty Goods, Fritz fry truck, Lanark Pizzeria and Dollar World Plus), candy bags, books, movies, etc.
- “Earn an Extra Ballot” Slots: Earn ballots throughout the summer and increase your chances for our end of summer prize draws (there will be three different prizes to choose from)
- “Treasure Chest” Slots: Our treasure chest will be filled with an assortment of random and intriguing items. You choose which item you take home with you.
Register now for the 2021 TD Summer Reading Program at the Lanark Highlands Public Library.
What to expect:
- Each week the child brings their reading journal booklet with them on their library visit. They show our library staff which books they read and how many. Our staff will give them a sticker and cross off the titles.
- To track how many books the community has read as a group, each child will choose the appropriately numbered bingo chips that add up to the total number of books they read (a bit of sneaky math) and drop them in the glass jar.
- Depending on the number of books read (1-9 books earn them 1 PLINKO chip, 10 or more earns them two chips) they will be given their PLINKO chip(s).
- They will play PLINKO and claim the appropriate prize(s).
**Please note: We look forward to seeing all the kids in the library this summer for lots of visits. Having said that, we have structured this incentive program around a once-a-week visit. If one week you come in for an extra visit, especially if you aren’t able to make it the following week, we are okay with that 😉